Tuesday, February 10, 2015

MAC Isabel & Ruben Toledo Blush Ombres Review & Swatches




From L to R: Azalea Blossom, Kindergarten Red, and Ripe Peach...



MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre:



MAC Kindergarten Red Blush Ombre:



MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre:



Azalea Blossom has a gradient that fades from a lavender to a light cool-toned pink. When mixed together, it gives you a light-medium blue-based pink with a very subtle sheen. It was not very pigmented at first. The surface seemed to have some kind of film on it, but after swirling a brush over it a few times, I was able to get some color payoff.

Kindergarten Red was love at first swipe! It gradually goes from a medium-deep rosy pink to a light pinky beige. When swirled together, you get a medium pink with a satin finish. It had fairly good color payoff.

Ripe Peach goes from a coral pink to a peachy orange with a hint of golden shimmer. When used together, you get a peachy coral with a subtle golden sheen. It was decently pigmented.

These blushes have a soft, silky texture. They were blendable, easy to work with, and lasted for about 7-8 hours on me before fading.

I'm just being nitpicky here, but for the price ($32.00), I wish they included a mirror. The blushes are slightly more expensive than the Proenza Schouler blushes ($30.00) released less than a year ago. That was a couture collection, and this one isn't, so I'm not sure why these are pricier (and without a mirror). One upside is that it weighs less, but these are not something I would carry in my purse since the packaging (being white and rubberized) can easily get dirty. I do like the design though.


Disclosure: The products featured in this review have been purchased by me. All opinions are honest and completely mine.

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your opinions, reactions, and questions.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *