Thursday, January 26, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible 24-Hour Eye Shadows Review & Swatches (Part 1)


L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows piqued my interest when I heard they are a cheaper version of Armani Eyes to Kill. I wanted to try them out for myself, so I purchased 8 shades. This review will feature Iced Latte, Eternal Sunshine, Amber Rush, and Bronzed Taupe.



L'Oreal Iced Latte Infallible Eye Shadow:



Iced Latte is a cream beige with a frost finish.



L'Oreal Eternal Sunshine Infallible Eye Shadow:



Eternal Sunshine is a light gold with a pearly sheen.



L'Oreal Amber Rush Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow:



Amber Rush is a coppery bronze with a metallic finish.



L'Oreal Bronzed Taupe Infallible Eye Shadow:



Bronzed Taupe is a frosty bronze with a hint of taupe.



So, what exactly are these? They are like a loosely pressed pigment eyeshadow. The colors are incredibly pigmented. (These were all swatched without a primer using my fingertip.) The texture feels rich and creamy. They glide on smoothly and blend easily. I've worn these alone as an eyeshadow (no primer), and I got a good 10+ hours of wear out of them with very minimal creasing and fading. (I have oily lids.)

Overall, I am very impressed. Each color looks amazing, but my personal favorites here are Eternal Sunshine and Amber Rush. I plan to buy the ones I don't have because these are just fantastic. I don't have Armani Eyes to Kill yet, so I can't say if they are comparable dupes, but these are definitely worth checking out.


Have you tried these yet? If so, how do you like them?

Disclosure: The products featured in the review have been purchased by me. All opinions are honest and completely mine.

15 comments

  1. I've tried two of these, Eternal Black and a deep navy that I forget the name of. The navy is awesome - smooth and pigmented, it's just perfect. The black is really nice, but it's so glittery that I get a little bit of fallout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you think they compare to SN's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Project Swatch: I have Midnight Blue too, and I really like it. I skipped Eternal Black because of the glitter, but I definitely want to go back for it later.

    @Frckls: These are creamier, a bit more pigmented, and easier to apply because of the cream-to-powder formula. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Continuous Cocoa with the Bronzed Taupe....great swatches, Jen =:0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @4wheel: I need to get Continuous Cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about getting these but after buying the Maybelline 24hr color tattoo eyeshadows - i've been trying to restrain myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. like L'Oreal Amber Rush Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow ... nice color

    ReplyDelete
  8. @CocoMeChanel: I got the Maybelline 24hr color tattoo eyeshadows too. How do you like them?

    @thian: Amber Rush is a lovely color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow these are getting so popular!!! I love the look of Iced Latte and Bronzed Taupe, gorgeous!!! I have this in a strawberry color (can't remember the exact name), I got is as gift and it's a nice opportunity to wear something different on my eyes now and then! It's a very nice texture, loved this post and the part 2 one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Denise: I don't own a lot of L'Oreal products, but I've been so impressed with the quality of these shadows. I hope they'll never discontinue these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen them in my country, but they look really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. They're pretty dupe-able though, so maybe you can find a similar color and/or formula. :)

      Delete
  12. I own bronzed taupe and eternal sunshine. They are absolutely amazing! I like to use it on top of maybelline color tattoo bad to the bronze.

    I really want to pick up amber rush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Bad to the Bronze, and I've been using it by itself for a quick makeup look. I'm gonna have to try Bronzed Taupe over it. :)

      Delete
  13. thanks.. that was really helpful :$

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your opinions, reactions, and questions.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *