Friday, September 13, 2013

MAC Retro Matte Lipsticks Review & Swatches


MAC launched their Retro Matte collection yesterday in stores (online last week), and since I love the Retro Matte formula, I ended up getting all eight lipsticks.

From L to R: All Fired Up, Dangerous, Fixed on Drama, Flat Out Fabulous, Relentlessly Red, Ruby Woo, Runway Hit, and Steady Going...



From L to R: All Fired Up, Dangerous, Fixed on Drama, and Flat Out Fabulous...



From L to R: All Fired Up, Dangerous, Fixed on Drama, and Flat Out Fabulous...


All Fired Up is a bright reddish pink. It looks close to Party Parrot and Impassioned.

Dangerous is a medium orangey red. It's very similar to Scarlet Ibis.

Fixed on Drama is a deep burgundy red with a hint of brown. Perfect for fall!

Flat Out Fabulous is a bright blue-based fuchsia pink. This one's my favorite out of the bunch. It reminds me of Pink Pigeon and maybe Quick Sizzle (close but not exact dupes).


From L to R: Relentlessly Red, Ruby Woo, Runway Hit, and Steady Going...



From L to R: Relentlessly Red, Ruby Woo, Runway Hit, and Steady Going...



Relentlessly Red is a bright pinkish red with a hint of coral. It's very similar to All Fired Up, but All Fired Up looks more red, while Relentlessly Red appears more coral.

Ruby Woo is a classic retro red with cool undertones. It's the shade that "inspired" RiRi Woo.

Runway Hit is a light creamy coral with a hint of pink. It's perfect for everyday wear.

Steady Going is a light bubblegum pink. It kind of reminds me of Naughty Saute.


I love these! They are all so incredibly pigmented, creamy, easy to apply, and long lasting. They can be a bit drying, so I would recommend conditioning and priming your lips prior to application. If you love the look and feel of the Retro Matte formula, then I highly recommend you check these out. MAC tweeted that Fixed on Drama, Runway Hit, and Steady Going are limited edition shades, although some MAC employees are saying that these are all going to be permanent. I wish they would just make them all permanent as they are all great shades, and I would like to be able to repurchase if or when I run out.


Have you tried this formula yet? Did you purchase anything from this collection?

Where to buy: MAC stores and online.

Disclosure: The products featured in this review have been purchased by me. All opinions are honest and completely mine.

6 comments

  1. Omg! You just made me want these! So gorgeous. I love your swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOU the colors are beautifull !! i agree ... beautifull swatches, but perhaps i would have put each under the lipstick pics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the swatches. The colors are amazing! AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they'll add more amazing colors in the future. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your opinions, reactions, and questions.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *