Sunday, January 30, 2011

Silk Naturals Valentines 2011 Lipstick & Lipgloss Review & Swatches!


Silk Naturals released their Valentines 2011 collection last week. I skipped the eyeshadows this time because I bought way too many eyeshadows this month alone (MAC Mega Metal Eyeshadows, Urban Decay Naked Palette and Show Pony Shadow Box, Coastal Scents 88 Palettes, etc.), but I just can't resist SN lippies. I'm addicted to them!


They released 4 new liquid lipglosses... Ambrosia, Bubble Gum, Cerise, and Icing. Icing was a special GWP a couple of months ago.


From left to right... I also got Cayenne (Thanks, Val!), Dame, and Sugar.


Here are some swatches. Click the image to enlarge.


Cayenne looks more red in person. Dame is a very lovely shade. Sugar just looks yummy!


My bare lips for reference.


Ambrosia is a sheer creamy pale peach shade. On my hand and in the tube, you can see some gold micro-shimmer, but it's really not noticeable on the lips.


Bubble Gum is a semi-opaque light-medium pink color. Just like Ambrosia, it has a bit of shimmer that is unnoticeable on the lips.


Cerise is a semi-sheer cherry red shade. It's not overly bright, and there is no shimmer.


Icing is a sheer sparkling pale pink with multi-colored shimmer. It smells like strawberries!


Cayenne is a muted rusted red-brown with an orange base. It's an opaque shade with excellent color coverage.


Dame is a semi-sheer red-toned plum with gorgeous gold shimmer.


Sugar is a very sheer and frosty light pink-beige color with a lot of shimmer.


I've said it before, and I'll say it again... these lippies are amazing! The Organic Vegan Lipsticks (like Cayenne) and Butter Creams (like Dame) are very creamy, non-drying, and decently long lasting (about three to four hours on me). The Kisser Slickers (like Sugar) feel lightweight and very moisturizing! The liquid glosses are non-sticky, nicely scented (especially Icing), and feel wonderful on the lips. My only complaint is somewhat nitpicky. I find myself dipping and re-dipping into the liquid gloss to get enough product on my lips. Other than that minor flaw, these are excellent products that I’d recommend to everyone!

Who else loves Silk Naturals lipglosses and/or lipsticks? What are your favorite colors?


Where to buy: http://www.silknaturals.com/

13 comments

  1. Sugar and dame look amazing

    http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bubble gum is the most beautiful.

    Follow me if u want:
    lady-flower123.blogspot.com
    I'm following u now ;)
    xoxo ;*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those lippies :) They look good on you :)

    x0x0

    lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bubblegum and Ambrosia look lovely, I've never ordered from Silk Naturals but hear nothing but good things! Must order soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Miss LV: Dame & Sugar are great lip colors, especially if you like shimmery lippies. =D

    @lady_flower123: Thanks for following! I'm checking out your blog shortly.

    @a!k0: Thank you! (^_^)

    @Beauty's Bad Habit: Those 2 are my favorites.

    @Maggi: Yes, you neeeeeed them! LOL! Let us know how you like the glosses.

    @makeupbykatie: I'm really loving Ambrosia... such a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive never tried the brand before but the colours look gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen - I love Ambrosia and Bubble Gum. Your swatches make my swatches look like blurry smudges. Ha!

    Aren't her liquid wands terrific? I love this round of colors.

    You're right about the dipping and redipping of the liquid wand to get product out. That's my gripe with the product as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @FunnyFaceBeauty: Silk Naturals do make some gorgeous lip colors. Definitely one of my favorite brands.

    @justltee: I love Ambrosia & Bubble Gum too... so pretty! Your swatches of Icing are what made me want it. So glad Karen decided to release it. I'm really loving her liquid glosses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look good, but the reds look fabulous on your lips. I'd order a backup of cerise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Donna: Thanks! I'm really liking semi-sheer red glosses lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Jennifae! Your reviews are ahmazing! Especially on Silk Natural's products since I've fallen for them too. I think I should feel pretty lucky (or extremely unfortunate), for not stumbling upon your blog prior to my last order, or I would be flat broke and sleeping under the bridge by now. LOL. I haven't received my last order yet, but I have been thinking into placing another. The greed of a woman. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Frckls: Thank you! Let us know how you like your recent order... what did you get?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your opinions, reactions, and questions.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *