Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Concrete Minerals Eyeshadows Review & Swatches


This review is long overdue. So many beauty products and so little time!

A few months ago, I placed an order for Concrete Minerals' YouTube Guru and Blogger Love Mineral Eyeshadow Sample Set. For $4.99 + $1.99 shipping, I received four colors of my choice, about 1/4 tsp. of each in 5-gram sample jars.

For details, click on the image to enlarge. :)


Croma is a velvety light lavender with a hint of pale aqua sparkles.
Temptress is a dark blue-green shade with lots of gold sparkles.
Unity is a vivid royal purple with gold iridescent shimmers.
Zealous is a bright shimmery turquoise blue color with a faint metallic sheen.


These eyeshadows are amazing from swatch to application. They are well pigmented. They apply so smoothly and blend easily with minimal fallout. I tried wearing these without a primer or base, and I experienced no creasing.

Full-size eyeshadows are sold in 10-gram jars for $5.99 each, which is a great value! You can also buy 4 samples (1/4 tsp. in 5-gram jars) for $9.99.

Since this was my 1st and only order so far, I'm not sure how long shipping usually takes, but this one took about 2 weeks to arrive. I believe it was because they were waiting for a fresh batch of Zealous.

Would I buy from Concrete Minerals again? Yes! I will definitely buy from them again. I want to pick up a few more samples and full sizes of Temptress and Unity (and maybe Zealous too).

Have you tried Concrete Minerals yet? What did you think?

Link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/concreteminerals

8 comments

  1. wow, I haven't tried them but those swatches look positively delicious! You can tell they have great texture. Thanks for posting about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got this blogger special as well. Haven't used many of my colours yet but the one I have used was really nice.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. colors are very beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MissTat: They are definitely worth trying. :)

    @FunnyFaceBeauty: Which ones did you get? =D

    @caroleen's garden: The colors are really nice, and the texture is great too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unity looks like a really nice color. :) I've never tried this brand before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Toni Tralala: I love the gorgeous gold sparkles in Unity. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The swatches are amazing, what did you swatch them over?
    I love Concrete minerals, they do some really amazing colours !
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. @MartianDelights: I swatched them dry over a primer. I'm really liking Concrete Minerals, and I look forward to trying more colors. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your opinions, reactions, and questions.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *