Saturday, July 02, 2011

Wet ‘n’ Wild 6-Pan Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches


This review is long overdue as these aren't exactly brand new. I bought the WnW 6-Pan Color Icons a few months ago after I tried and really liked the WnW 8-Pan Color Icons I reviewed earlier.

There are 4 palettes available: Greed, Pride, Lust, and Vanity.


Greed is a nice collection of 3 matte shades (cream, peach, and black) and 3 shimmery shades (lavender gray, peach, and black).

The matte colors are nice, creamy and well pigmented, but the shimmery lavender gray and peach are hardly pigmented, which is a bit disappointing because they look beautiful in the pan. I have to really pack them on to get even the slightest amount of color to show up. I recommend using a base for these two colors. Layering them directly over a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil works best for me.


Pride is the brightest of the four palettes. It has 3 matte shades and 3 shimmery shades in white, green, and blue.

These colors are quite smooth and very pigmented, except for the shimmery white, which is mostly shimmer. The shimmery green color is my favorite here. It's such a nice seafoam green with gorgeous gold shimmer. The shimmery blue looks great too. It's a beautiful cobalt blue with a frost finish.


Lust is a fabulous purple-toned palette. It includes 3 matte shades (light pink, plummy purple, and blackened plum) and 3 shimmery shades (cream, gunmetal gray, and blackened red).

Each color shows up well and works with every other color in the palette. The colors are fantastic. Great for smokey eyes!


Vanity is the most wearable of the four palettes. It has a nice mix of beautiful browns and golds. It consists of 3 matte shades (light beige, medium tan, and dark red-brown) and 3 shimmery shades (pale gold, yellow gold, and bronze).

Every single color in this palette is gorgeous and richly pigmented. Perfect for creating a variety of day and evening looks!


Overall, I'm satisfied. Great quality for a great price! I wear them over UDPP (or sometimes TFSI) with no creasing or fading problems. Yes, the packaging could be better, but it's not a huge problem for me. The quality of the shadows make up for it. :)

Have you tried any of the Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadows yet?

5 comments

  1. I love Wet n Wild shadows. They are so well pigmented. Its surprising how well Wet n Wild has turned their line around. 5 years ago they were known as a cheap and kind of crappy line, but now their products sell out right away.
    Thanks for all of the swatches.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the shimmery blue and green in the Pride palette, but I love the look of all the palettes tbh - I see so much potential in each one based on your swatches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @FunnyFaceBeauty: Back in the day, I did not even want to try Wet 'n' Wild at all. For years, I managed to stay away from it. Now that Wet 'n' Wild has made some serious changes in the quality of their products, I'm so glad I gave them a try. I LOVE their eyeshadows!

    @SilhouetteScreams: I agree. These palettes do have a great color selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. where do i get these pallets from? i checked at rite aid and walgreens too but couldnt find any..help me please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Wet 'n' Wild decided to discontinue these this year.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your opinions, reactions, and questions.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *