Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tarte for True Blood Review & Swatches


My Tarte for True Blood package arrived yesterday, so I want to share photos and swatches.


This limited-edition palette includes 17 eye shadows, a full-size emphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner in black, a deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara in black, and a deluxe Lifted Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol.

Also included are instructions for four different looks to try.

The cheek stain looks and smells delicious. It smells like pomegranate to me. In the tube, it looks very bold and a bit scary. However, it applies sheerly and gives me a beautiful reddish pink blush with gold sparkles.

The lip tint is a beautiful shade of red. It gives me that really nice (please 'scuse the pun) "just bitten" look.

Here are swatches of the cheek stain and lip tint.

The Light, Fairy, Dusk...

Dawn, Werewolf, Waitress, Nocturnal...

Charmer, Glamour Me, Stake...

Bayou, Telepath, The True Death, Immortal...

Moss, Legend, "V"...

Overall, I'm really happy with my purchase. The eye shadows are much more impressive in person. (They looked rather boring in the promo pic.) They are well-pigmented and smooth. Most of the shades have a frost/shimmer finish, and only 4 shades have a matte finish (Dusk, Werewolf, Stake, and Legend). The cheek stain is a great color and lasts all day. The lip tint goes on smoothly and looks great. And the packaging is to die for! I've only tried the eye primer, eyeliner, and mascara once so far, and I'd like to test them a few more times before I post a review on each product.

What do you think? Is this something you would sink your teeth into?

13 comments

  1. The lip and cheek stain look divine! The eyeshadows also look like they're great quality, though they're not really up my alley personally. :

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted this since the first moment I saw it! I don't know if I want it more because I love True Blood or because I actually want the products though! Everything looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SilhouetteScreams: I love the lip tint and cheek stain! They're both something I can wear all year long. The eye shadows do have great quality too!

    @Efrat: The lip tint is really nice. Love it!

    @KimmieKarma♥: I must admit I bought these because I love True Blood. I'm really glad the products did not disappoint. Everything is of great quality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the swatches and review! After seeing how wearable the lip stain looks, it found its way into my Sephora cart along with the eye shadow palette and the cheek stain. LOL I haven't ordered yet, but I can't wait to get them when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the swatches, everything looks amazing! I'm going to get them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @robinbird_22: The lip tint is a nice wearable red.`I like it. Enjoy your haul when you get them! :)

    @**Nina**: Glad the swatches helped. Enjoy your Tarte/Trubie stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, it definitely looks like I'm getting this collection, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This set is absolutely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Renay: I love the colors. Very impressed with this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey great review, I came across your blog while searching on this item.

    Propmtly went and ordered it, Can't wait to review it.

    http://theopijunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to reading your review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your opinions, reactions, and questions.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *