Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hi-Fi Cosmetics Eyeshadows Review & Swatches


I ordered a few samples from Hi-Fi Cosmetics a few months ago, so I've been wanting to do this review for a while now. I got one of their Review Kit for Bloggers and Gurus. For $1.20 (including shipping), I received 5 samples of their eye shadows. Each sample baggy has a generous amount of product in them (about 1/4 tsp.).



I got Adrenaline, Down in the Underground, Lost and Lonely, So What, and Suicide Trees. These were all swatched dry over a primer. Please click on the image to enlarge.

Adrenaline is a bright shade of blue-green with silver shimmer.
Down in the Underground is a shimmery dark shade of purple that shifts to midnight green.
Lost and Lonely is a deep blue-violet that shifts to dark green.
So What is a light pink color with blue-violet shimmer.
Suicide Trees is a beautiful dark metallic teal green.

I'm really impressed with the quality! The texture is quite smooth and fairly easy to blend. The colors are so vibrant and highly pigmented! I love how unique and complex the colors are, especially Down in the Underground and Lost and Lonely, which change color depending on the light!

The only downside is the time it takes for the company to process your order (about 4-6 weeks based on the 2 orders I've placed), which I don't mind because most of the products are made to order, and there is only one person handling everything. So, that would not keep me from ordering again.

Have you tried Hi-Fi Cosemetics yet? What are your favorite colors?

Where to buy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hificosmetics

9 comments

  1. Great swatches!! Thank you!
    I have not tried this brand yet!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Catanya! Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suicide Trees is a brilliant colour, in general all these colours are pretty pigmented and outstanding. My samples from Hi-Fi weren't that overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna! Thanks for taking the time to comment. What colors did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember. A teal, two golds, a brown and a black lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Hi Fi...Yes it does take awhile to get the product but they are so nice and Veronica is fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried them but I've heard of them. I'm always interested in finding new indie companies, especially ones that named their products after the David Bowie song in Labyrinth?? xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anna: LOL! I understand.

    @krista carlson: It's really worth the wait, and Veronica seems really great!

    @Emily: The Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies... gotta have the rest of the eyeshadows from that collection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your review :) i follow you ., please follow back

    http://de-jeeya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your opinions, reactions, and questions.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *