Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Review: Shiro Cosmetics


So sorry for the lack of posts. I've been very busy lately, trying to juggle school, work, and family. I have a lot of reviews and swatches that I want to share with you though. So, without further ado...

Here's my first Shiro Cosmetics haul.


I purchased these samples a couple of months ago on Etsy because I loved how each color is inspired by Pokemon!  I'm such a nerd sometimes.

For details, click on images to enlarge. :)


Brock the Rock is a deep reddish brown with silver sparkles.
Vulpix is a rich shimmery copper brown.
Seaking is a medium copper red with a metallic finish.
Charmander is a bright yellow orange with gold shimmer.
S.S. Anne is a medium peachy beige with some shimmer.
Meowth is a soft tint of shimmery off-white.
Dunsparce is a very light yellow with blue sparkles.
Pikachu is a vivid yellow with red sparkles.



Acid is a light green with dark green and gold sparkles.
Bulbasaur is a bright green with hints of gold undertones.
Articuno is an extremely shimmery powder blue.
Manectric is a sky blue with a touch of gold sparkles.
Squirtle is a bright shimmery blue with a metallic sheen.
Zubat is a deep shimmery blue with a touch of violet.
Gengar is a dark purple with a black undertone and red sparkles.
Mewtwo is a medium lavender gray with some shimmer.



Lance the Dragon Trainer is a dark blue violet with gold sparkles.
Rattata is a semi-sheer velvety bright purple with blue shimmer.
Butterfree is a pale tint of shimmery lavender.
Jigglypuff is a light pinkish-purple with some shimmer.
Team Rocket is a shimmery red violet.
Mew is a medium strawberry pink with shimmer.
Shaymin is a pinky-peach with a touch of aqua shimmer.
Clefairy is a very sparkly cool pink.



Golem is a medium taupe with some silver shimmer.
Sudowoodo is a greenish khaki with touch of copper shimmer.
Hyper Beam is a brown black with lots of silver sparkles.

13 more colors have been released since I placed an order, so I don't have Budew, Gyarados, Magneton, Moltres, Poliwrath, Porygon, Rapidash, Spinarak, Spiritomb, Steelix, Vileplume, Weepinbell, or Wobbuffet yet.

Caitlin, owner of Shiro Cosmetics, is super nice and friendly.  I was really impressed when my order shipped the same day!  The products came neatly packed in a red organza bag.  Each sample contains a GENEROUS 1/4 tsp of product in a small resealable baggie.

The prices are very affordable.  Each sample (1/4 tsp in a baggie) costs $1.  A mini size (1g in a 3g jar) costs $3.  And a full size (2g in a 5g jar) costs $5.  What a great value!

And the quality?  Amazing!  Each eyeshadow is highly pigmented, vibrant, and very wearable.  They apply smoothly and blend easily.  With a good primer, they last all day without any creasing.

Would I buy from Shiro Cosmetics again?  YES!  In fact, I can't wait for Caitlin's next collection.  I want to collect them all!  Hopefully, Caitlin will have another great sale later, so I can purchase a mini or a full size of each color.  :)

So, have you tried Shiro Cosmetics yet?  If so, what are your favorite colors?

Link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/shirocosmetics

15 comments

  1. Nice swatches!!! I love shiro!! I need more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aack! You're killing me!

    Great swatches :) You had me at yellow with red sparkles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I actually know what all of those Pokemon are, does that make me a bigger nerd? lol. I like Golem and Vulpix. Now to get my own.. :P Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Leira Yann: Thanks! I think I need them all. (-_o)

    @cait: I would love to see you with a gorgeous Pikachu look. (^_^)

    @reene: LOL! You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! cool names :D
    Maricela
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ... vividfusion.blogspot.com ...Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bloody hell, your swatches are AMAZING. So clear and the little circles themselves are cute and clean :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your swatches are so neat! These colors are amazing, I've been wanting to try Shiro for a long time, I really need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the queen of swatches and you do them so well! How the heck do you get the circles oh so perfectly round?!!!

    Those are all great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Miss Krimson: I know, right? Even my bf thinks they're cool. LOL!

    @SilhouetteScreams: THANK YOU! Glad you like the little circles. (^_^)

    @Annamax: Shiro's eyeshadows are amazing! I think you'll like them.

    @justltee: Heehee! THANK YOU! I don't know. I guess I'm just a little OC is how/why I do the swatches neatly in circles. (^o^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the girls above, your swatches are fab. I'll come back to them when I place my next Shiro order... waiting for the new collection to be released :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @MartianDelights: Thanks! Hope it helps you decide on which colors to order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These swatches are perfect! Do you swatch on a base? Thanks for swatching Seaking, now I must get it. ~.^

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Emily: Hi! Most of my e/s swatches were done over a primer/base because I always use one before applying e/s over my lids. I assume most people do too (or should anyway). LOL (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello!
    I just used one of your pictures on my blog:
    http://makeupxnatacha.blogspot.com/2011/10/encore.html
    If you want me to take it off, just ask me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your opinions, reactions, and questions.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *