Wednesday, May 25, 2011

MAC Surf Baby Haul & FOTD


I got some MAC Surf Baby stuff from Nordstrom today!

I went to the counter with just a few items in mind, but once I started swatching, I knew I was going home with more than what I had on my list. So, here's what I got today:

My Paradise is such a beautiful blush. I'll be sad once the gold overspray disappears because it gives the base coral color a gorgeous gold sheen.

Hibiscus is a really lovely orange coral. I wore it today and got a few compliments. This one will get a lot of wear from me. ;)

Bust Out was a last minute purchase, and I'm glad I tried this one at the counter. It's a really pretty wearable purple.

I got one of each eyeshadow. I originally only wanted Surf U.S.A and maybe Sun Blonde, but Saffron, Short Shorts, Swell Baby swatched really well in person that I couldn't leave the counter without them. Every shade is just so beautiful with a smooth texture and an excellent color pay off.

I also purchased both pigment stacks. Surf the Ocean has some amazing colors! I love that seafoam-y shade and the gold one!

The colors in Summer Stash are really nice too! Another last minute purchase that just really wowed me upon swatching.

Last but not the least, I had to get both of the Powerpoint Pencils, Blue Noon because I love teals and Gilded White because I don't have anything like it.

I didn't get any lipglass (surprisingly) because the only color I liked was Strange Potion, and I already got that one last year from the Venomous Villains collection.

Here's my Surf Baby look...


What I used:

Eyes: MAC Sun Blonde (inner lid), MAC Saffron (outer lid), MAC Short Shorts (highlight), Wet 'n' Wild 887 Eggplant Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner (upper lash line), MAC Surf U.S.A. (lower lash line)... and I forgot my brows and lashes because I was in a hurry. Sorry!

Face: MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

Cheeks: MAC My Paradise

Lips: MAC Hibiscus

Did you get anything from this collection?

17 comments

  1. OoooOOOo! Very pretty. I ordered some stuff online and I cannot wait until they come in. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty look!
    I really only picked up the pale lipstick, though I'm seriously debating Bust out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I can pull off Naturally Eccentric. It looks really nice when swatched on my hand, but it washes me out. You should get Bust Out. I bet you would rock that color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hibiscus is gorgeous on you!

    I really want to get one of the bronzing sticks and powders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you kindly! I didn't get to check out the bronzer sticks and pressed powders because it was so busy at the counter. But I heard such great reviews about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that My Paradise blush looks super ahmazing on you!! It sure gives you that natural flush on your cheeks like a healthy baby. I love it! If I had one, I sure would forget the other blushes in my stash for at least one good month or even more! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyway, do you know what might be a good SN dupe for MAC Hibiscus? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Frckls: I LOVE My Paradise! I debated for a long time on whether to get it or not, and I'm so glad I decided to go for it. It's so beautiful! Hibiscus too! I don't think Silk Naturals has a dupe for Hibiscus, but the closest color I can think of is Verve. I don't have that one though, so I can't compare or say for sure.

    @Ki: Thank ya! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blush looks so gorgeous, I'd be worried to use it lol !
    I got my prize by the way, sorry I forgot to write lol (half braindead me !) Thanks again xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul! I'm loving everything you picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @MartianDelights: It really is beautiful, both in the pan and on the cheeks. Glad you got your prize! Enjoy! (^_^)

    @StealMyHeartLove: I'm crazy in love with everything! (♥_♥)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the colors look so pretty! i have my eyes on the pigments, they look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know right! The pigments are awesome stacks of metallic goodness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen , great pictures as always and I picked up Summer Stash and now have a MAC eye colors that I love. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, Brenda! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I am very happy with all the things I got from this collection, especially the pigment stacks. I love MAC pigments, but I've never tried the crushed metallics before. I LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your opinions, reactions, and questions.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *