Sunday, April 10, 2011

Urban Decay Naked Palette Review & Swatches


I've been wanting to get my hands on the Naked palette for the longest time, so when Sephora restocked this item, I placed an order right away.


I received one with a travel-sized bottle of Urban Decay Original Primer Potion and a double-ended 24/7 Liner with Zero on one side and Whiskey on the other. (I believe Urban Decay recently replaced this with a Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush.)


Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar...


Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse...


Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal...


These were swatched dry over UDPP. Click on the image to enlarge.

Virgin is a shimmery pale beige. A very nice highlight color.
Sin is a frosty champagne pink.
Naked is a matte medium neutral tan.
Sidecar is a shimmery medium brown with hints of gold.
Buck is a matte dark brown. A great crease color.
Half Baked is a metallic golden bronze. I LOVE this one!
Smog is a shimmery coppery bronze. One of my favorites!
Darkhorse is a dark chocolate brown with golden highlights.
Toasted is a shimmery medium warm tan.
Hustle is a rich chocolate brown with a subtle shimmer.
Creep is a blue-black with a touch of silver shimmer.
Gunmetal is a metallic dark blue-gray.

I must say this palette is amazing and lives up to the hype! I own quite a few palettes, and this is definitely one of my favorites. You can create so many different looks from natural... to bronzey... or smokey.

The quality and pigmentation of each shadow is excellent. I did not experience any creasing or fading (with primer). My personal favorites are Sin, Half Baked, Smog, and Darkhorse, but Naked and Buck really surprised me. I was not a huge fan of matte eye shadows until I tried these two mattes. They are very soft with a smooth texture... not powdery or chalky.

Did you get Naked yet? Or are you going to?

9 comments

  1. So jealous, haha, another girl that finally managed to get the palette. I'm still seeking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get yours soon, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I think I'm giving up getting one :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don’t give up on it yet. I’m sure they’ll restock it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got mine about a month or two ago! I love it and right now it's my go to pallette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review Jennifae. I don't have this palette but I know it's great. Urban Decay makes really awesome eye shadows.

    By the way, I followed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Gabelle519: I love this palette! I find myself reaching for this one nearly everyday.

    @EveryDay Makeup blog: Thanks for following, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading your opinions, reactions, and questions.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *